Thursday, January 28, 2010

In Memory of a Second Grandma LaNell Jensen


LaNell Crookston Glenn Jensen1929 ~ 2010LaNell Crookston Glenn Jensen used her last breaths to sing praises and pray. Her second battle with Pneumonia this year ended after 3 days in American Fork Hospital she returned to her Heavenly Home Tuesday January 26th 2010. She had just celebrated her 80th birthday; her life began with a miracle at birth on December 24th, 1929, in Wellsville Utah, surviving a blood transfusion implemented from her father, William Hendry Glenn, to her soon after birth. Her Mother; Jennie Crookston Glenn was praying nearby, in a time when transfusions usually failed this great miracle began a full life of a beautiful daughter of God.She met here sweetheart Nolan Mac Jensen at a dance in Hyrum Utah and they were married in the Logan Temple three months later, June 17th 1947. They lived in Star Valley Wyoming at the beginning of their married life.LaNell is survived by each of her five children and her husband of 62 years, Nolan is 86 years old. Her children are; Toney Palyka, Kathie (Mike) Van, Deon (Jill) Jensen, Wendell (Valerie) Jensen, Chris (Cheri) Jensen. She also is survived by 14 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren her sister, Millie Glenn Lewis. She was preceded in death by her mother and father, brother Lowell R. Glenn and three siblings who died in infancy.LaNell Jensen made an art out of being a homemaker, she maintained her home as if it were a temple on the earth, she could crochet, sew, cook wonderfully and maintain a garden full of beautiful flowers. She spent much of her life in service to others and her God, she was a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


I was talking to my gandma today and she was telling about a story about my mom's childhood and how they knew LaNell. LaNell's mother baby sat my mom when grandparents were busy working and doing other things. They gotten a strong bond between the families. When I was growing up LaNell and Nolan moved out to Cedar Fort and we did things with them and they were like 2 grandparents to us. They did a lot for my mom when my grandparents couldn't be there. My grandma and grandpa (Betty and Jay Bankhead) were extremely grateful for the love that LaNell showed my mom and my 6 sisters and I when they were unable to travel down to Cedar Fort. I am surely going to miss LaNell she will be in my heart. I love you LaNell.

No comments: