Wednesday, July 23, 2008

3 years since my last chemotherapy treatment




Well it has been 3 years since my last chemotherapy treatment! In September of 2004 I went in for my yearly and everything was fine. In a couple of months I was wasn't feeling so well and I was working at a nursing home as a CNA and I was helping a resident, and this resident punched me right where the tumor was and I thought it was my cycle coming but it wasn't so I decided to go in and see the doctor and it was December 10, 2004 I was told I had overian cancer. At the time I never even thought that I would ever have cancer. I went through 6 months of chemotherapy and it was no fun at all. When I had my first chemotherapy treatment my husband and I, adopoted a dachshund and her name was Alice and she followed me everywhere I went. I was so glad that I had her because she helped me alot and she made me feel better. It just broke my heart when we had to put her down September 23, 2006 because she was a big part of my life when I needed someone to cheer me up.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Anjalee, I am so glad you came to visit my blog. How could I ever forget our dance days? Those were the best! Your blog is so cute and I had no idea that you had ovarian cancer. My mom had Lymphoma, my uncle had another rare form of cancer and a coworker of mine and two of my best friends' mom's had breast cancer so it has graced its presence in my family and very near to me. It's crazy what destruction this crazy disease can do, but admire the fighters that put up with it. I am looking forward to saying "hi" from time to time. Take care!

Dave and Jaime said...

Anjalee -
It's Jaime a friend from high school. I came across your blog while looking through some other Lehi classmates. Wow how time flies, and you lose track of those you were close to. You are a tough woman! I admire you for all the trials you have not only endured, but conquered in your life.

cwilson said...

Anjalee,
It was good to hear from you. I'm glad you are doing well! Thanks for saying "hi" on our blog!

The Quarnbergs said...

Hi Anjalee- It's Tiff (andrea's friend) I saw you comment on Hillary's blog and so I thought I would check on you! My word girl- you have been through alot! Bless your heart! How is all your family? I never hear from Andrea- she totally needs a blog! Good to see that you are doing good! I miss the good old days! You were so fun!